London, UK, 05/22/2012 : The RHS Chelsea Flower Show, sponsored by M&G Investments, is pleased to announce that Harrod Slot&Lock™ Framework Building System by Harrod Horticultural has been selected as the winner of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show Garden Product of the Year 2012 award.
The product was designed and developed in the UK by Harrod Horticultural as a result of their customers’ frustration with supporting framework falling to pieces and ruining their flowers and vegetables. With this system, aluminium tubing simply slots into the sockets in a range of plastic connectors which can then be locked into position with a stainless steel screw. This product is the answer to the problems associated with building framework for protection netting and supporting plants.
Chairman of the RHS Chelsea Flower Show Garden Product of the Year 2012 award, Dougal Philip, said: “Congratulations to Harrod Horticultural for winning this award. The judges felt that this was a product that all gardeners can appreciate, and which offers a real solution to a real problem. It is simple and value for money, while being high quality and functional. The standard of entries this year was exceptionally high and we would like to congratulate all the contenders on what was a very strong short list.”
The product was selected from a shortlist of fifteen, and some of the other products shortlisted included garden tools, lighting and gardening accessories. The award was judged by a panel of experts who were looking for innovative, sustainable and quality garden-related products. The panel of judges consisted of:
- Sarah Cottle – Garden Media Consultant
- Chris Harrop – Group Marketing Director, Marshalls
- Andy Peck – RHS Chairman of Tradestand Assessing
- Dougal Philip – Chairman of RHS Chelsea Flower Show Product of the Year and owner of Hopetown Nurseries
- Jean Vernon – Gardening writer
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show Garden Product of the Year award was launched by the RHS in 2011 to celebrate the best new garden product introductions available at the Show. The products are judged on a variety of criteria including innovation, functionality, quality, visual appeal and environmental sustainability. The winning product and the others on the shortlist will be on display during the show in the Fresh tradestand area, on stand number FR38.
The products shortlisted for the RHS Garden Product of the Year are:
- Access Half Growhouse, by Access Garden Products
- Threadhoe, by Agralan Ltd
- Keo Cordless Garden Saw by Bosch Lawn & Garden
- Kneelo™ Ultra Cushion Knee Pads by Burgon & Ball
- The Back Door Gardening Bag by Carrier Company
- Bamboo Children’s Hand Tools by Darlac Limited
- The Crucello by David Harber
- Jubilee Spiral by Gaze Burvill
- Harrod Slot&Lock™ Framework Building System by Harrod Horticultural
- Tango E5 by John Deere
- Prometheus Landscape Range by Prometheus Lighting Instruments
- Meadow in My Garden by Solar Technology
- Aliplanter by Squareroot Planters
- Weedmaster Damask and Floral Gloves by Town & Country
- Garden Trunk by Wilstone House and Garden
About the RHS
The Royal Horticultural Society is the UK’s foremost gardening charity, helping and inspiring millions of people to garden. We do this at our gardens and shows and through our scientific research, publications, libraries and our education and community programmes. We are entirely funded by our members, visitors and supporters.
RHS membership is for anyone with an interest in gardening. Support the RHS and secure a healthy future for gardening. For more information call: 0845 130 4646, or visit www.rhs.org.uk
RHS Registered Charity No. 222879/SC038262
This press release is presented for your information only.
Full Disclosure Statement: The GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW received no compensation for any component of this article.
This article is for your information only and the GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW does not (necessarily) approve, endorse or recommend the product, service or company mentioned.