Never underestimate the power of “one”

Never underestimate your power, this goes out to all those who say "I alone cannot make a difference".

576109_221849707958297_1871097303_nIf you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse. - Jim Rohn

Time and again we hear people say, especially with regards to going green, that they alone cannot make a difference and thus it is pointless, they say, to do anything.

The truth is that a single persona can make a difference as is shown in this one example (and there, more than likely, are more but we have not heard of them as yet).

Jadav Molai Payeng grew a 1360 acre forest on his own.

"The snakes died in the heat, without any tree cover. I sat down and wept over their lifeless forms. It was carnage. I alerted the forest department and asked them if they could grow trees there. They said nothing would grow there. Instead, they asked me to try growing bamboo. It was painful, but I did it. There was nobody to help me. Nobody was interested," says Payeng, now 47.

Despite this he decided to plant trees and – pardon the pun – his effort has borne fruit.

See more here