GO GREEN EXPO RETURNS TO NEW YORK CITY WITH ECO-STARS MARIEL HEMINGWAY AND NIGEL BARKER, SCREENINGS FROM THE SUNDANCE CHANNEL, DISNEY’S EARTH AND MORE THAN 225 ECO-EXHIBITORS
April 17-19 At the Hilton New York, 1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York, New York
New York, NY (March 31, 2009) – Go Green Expo, the largest environmentally-focused business and consumer show in New York’s history, announces today its exciting return to New York City for the second year in a row April 17-19, 2009 at the New York Hilton in Midtown Manhattan. The nation’s premiere eco-friendly business and consumer show promises the strongest show yet with big name exhibitors including Disney’s Earth movie, The Sundance Channel’s The GREEN, DELL, Home Depot, Food Network’s Good Food Garden, and Honda’s all-new advanced hybrid vehicle, The Honda Insight.
“We are so pleased to bring Go Green Expo back to New York for the second year in a row,” said Bradford Rand, CEO and Founder of Go Green Expo. “Last year’s event was such a success with over 10,000 attendees, and we have even more to look forward to this year.”
The event will showcase a variety of special interest consumer and business areas including: Home Building and Energy Conservation; Health, Beauty and Fashion; Travel and Transportation; Business and Electronics and a Kids Zone, giving New Yorkers a chance to see, learn and interact with the latest in energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly products and services, as well as participate in interactive seminars with leaders in the green industry, local politicians and community organizations.
Corporate buyers and trade professionals are invited with complimentary admission on Friday for Go Green Expo’s business-to-business day, encouraging organizations to embrace the large-scale use of earth-friendly products, services and ideas. Go Green Expo will open its doors on Saturday and Sunday to the public from the savviest environmentalist to the newly green.
Go Green Expo is pleased to announce today in conjunction with their return, the region’s top news outlets have signed on as media partners to help further communicate the importance of thinking and living sustainably to the people of New York City, including the New York Post for the second year running, WNBC 4New York, and Environmental News Network (ENN)
- Stars Mariel Hemingway and Nigel Barker will join environmental leader Josh Dorfman and bestselling authors Julie Edelman and Seth Leitman as just some of the headlining names participating in this year’s event
- Over 20 notable environmental and business leaders including Jen Boulden, Founder of IdealBite.com and Gay Browne, Founder of Greenopia, on speaking panels about today’s most topical green issues including Greening Your Business, Greener Transportation, Renewable Energy, Green Tech, Green Leadership, and more
- Attendees will enjoy being among the first in the United States to view the 2010 Honda Insight. The five-passenger, five-door vehicle gets an EPA-estimated city/highway fuel economy rating of 40/43 and at just under $20,000, it is the most affordable new hybrid available in the US , helping to bring greener transportation to everyone
- Major blue chip companies including Home Depot, DELL and Disney are exhibiting at Go Green Disneynature, a division of Disney, will preview their new film, Earth, narrated by James Earl Jones, which will play a film trailer all-day throughout the weekend event. The film debuts on Earth Day, April 22, 2009, in theatres everywhere
- Attendees will have the opportunity to see a premiere screening of The Sundance Channel’s THE GREEN original programming “The Lazy Environmentalist” starring Josh Dorfman and “EcoTrip: The Real Cost of Living”
- Food Network, in conjunction with their charitable partner Share Our Strength®, a childhood hunger relief organization, will feature a Good Food Garden on the show floor where Go Green Expo attendees can learn how to plant fresh food, demonstrating the importance of sustainable agriculture in urban areas, helping to save money and eating well in a city environment
- Green Spaces, a New York City based green business competition, will announce this year’s semi finalists at Go Green Expo on Friday April 17 at 2pm, followed by a panel discussion that will include the winning companies’ three-minute elevator pitches to an audience of venture capitalists and entrepreneurs
- New York City Public School children were asked to create art that represents the environmental movement. The winning art piece will be featured in a special section of the New York Post and the finalist will receive passes to a private screening of Disney’s Earth
- ConEdison Solutions WIND Power Program allows ConEdison users to get FREE admission for the weekend when they bring their ConEdison energy bill to Go Green Expo and sign up for wind power.
In an effort to make every aspect of the show as green as possible, Go Green Expo has enlisted Brighter Planet to calculate the event’s electricity usage, on-site fuel use, staff travel, event vehicles, waste disposal and attendee travel, and then offset their carbon emissions for a completely carbon neutral show. The Go Green Expo National Tour will boast the latest in green design and function, supported by Metropolitan Exposition Services and Printing Responsibly, such as: 100% compostable and biodegradable table top coverings, recycled material booth ID signs, biodegradable banner material, soy and water based inks and a waste management program that takes environmental and social ramifications into account by utilizing local donation programs.
Source: Go Green Expo, LLC