Plan-ti-fy (plɑːn.tɪ.faɪ) verb to design a garden with plants by utilising colour, texture and size that result in breathtaking gardens
plantify.co.uk has launched its NEW GARDEN DESIGN TOOL on Monday 19th March 2012 at 2pm (GMT). The innovative website makes garden design accessible and affordable to everybody by providing its easy-to-use Garden Design Tool and extensive plant knowledge absolutely FREE. Whether you’re a seasoned professional, a keen home gardener or a gardening novice, all you have to do is register online and you’re ready to design with plants.
With no software to download, plantify.co.uk saves and stores your designs online. Its free Garden Design Tool allows you to create a stunning garden by suggesting the right plants for the right places. Developed with input from professional garden designers, the advanced tool enables anyone to design or re-design any size of garden for any budget with the help of its extensive Plant Finder database. You can choose to share your garden with the plantify.co.uk community to inspire others or invite comments and advice. Harnessing the input of enthusiastic gardeners around the UK, plantify.co.uk is an indispensable tool to create and maintain beautiful gardens.
Creating your dream garden is easy
1. Search the Plant Finder; use our extensive plant database to find plants by selecting criteria such as - available sunlight, size, soil type, flower and foliage colour or garden style, and add them to your ‘wish list’
2. Start the Garden Design Tool; Guiding you step by step through the process, it uses Google Maps to help you set your garden’s orientation and calculate your garden’s size. Next create a drawing of your beds, lawn and existing features. Drag and drop plants from your wish list to plantify your garden. The tool will even suggest suitable plants for you. This state of the art design tool allows you to replicate everything from plant textures, garden objects, and surfaces such as gravel to help bring your design plan to life.
3. Share your knowledge; add your own favourite plants to the Plant Finder database if they are not already available and, if you wish, publish your garden online to share with the plantify.co.uk community.
4. Record; use your account to record when and where you bought your plants and how they progress in your garden.
5. Budget; the Garden Design Tool will enable you to monitor the cost of your plant design by detailing up-to-date prices for many popular plants.
6. Save and print; home print your design, or use our remote printing service to receive an A2 design to scale, for under £10.
7. Ask for assistance; request a professional garden designer to create the planting design for your garden for a small fee (from £60 dependent upon your garden size & requirements)
8. iPad Compatible; gives you the freedom to search for information or make entries while you are out and about, or browsing nurseries. Jot it down on plantify.co.uk and work it into your design later.
Founder of plantify.co.uk, Peter Laughton says: “Garden design doesn’t have to be expensive. Non-structural soft landscaping through clever use of different plant heights, spread, colour and texture can create a visual feast and a palette of colour to add the WOW factor to any garden.”
“Plantify.co.uk simply makes plant knowledge readily available and provides the expertise to skillfully redesign your garden, or create from scratch. If you find that you need additional input then design advice is available at an affordable price making garden design more accessible to everyone.”
In 2011 plantify.co.uk partnered with gold medal winning garden designers of FlemonsWarland Designs at RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show to demonstrate the ease of use and versatility of its new website to the public. The partnership won an RHS Gold Medal for ‘Conceptual Garden’.
plantify.co.uk produced a virtual planting map of the show garden, updated in real-time online, allowing anyone to borrow the professionals’ ideas and recreate a piece of the RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show at home.
Sim Flemons and John Warland of FlemonsWarland Designs said: “The plantify website introduced a new dimension to our show garden and gave show visitors so much more insight into our own work and the planting scheme we were using. This excellent online resource enables any gardener to create a stunning garden of their own.”
From summer 2012 once a garden design is finished and you are happy with your chosen plants, plantify.co.uk will source these plants wherever possible from local British plant nurseries or national retailers. A ‘click to buy’ list will be produced enabling you to complete your design and purchase your plants through plantify.co.uk. For more information visit www.plantify.co.uk and register free to get ready and plantify your garden.
plantify.co.uk is the brain-child of Peter Laughton, a former entertainment software executive who developed a passion for gardening as a stress relief from his high-pressure job. “I believe that anyone can create a beautiful garden without an expensive landscaping make-over but by cleverly designing with plants.” Plantify.co.uk utilises the power of database technology to provide a tool that empowers gardeners of any skill level to design their own garden. “I hope to make gardening more accessible to young families and other people who currently shy away from it because they don’t know where to start.” plantify.co.uk is one of several ventures by Windsor-based Vorsprung Ltd which develops web based applications that enable databases to be quickly and easily managed and updated through a web based front-end. A unique easy-to-use interface and search algorithm are complimented by a user-managed editorial system to help drive the quality of its content. This software is being utilised in a number of environments, ranging from e-commerce through to serving web-pages.
This press release is presented for your information only.
Full Disclosure Statement: The GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW received no compensation for any component of this article.
This article is for your information only and the GREEN (LIVING) REVIEW does not (necessarily) approve, endorse or recommend the product, service or company mentioned.