Polishing furniture for small change

By Michael Smith (Veshengro)

I rarely polish my wood tables, and such. But if I am going to do it I would rather be using a homemade furniture polish that is made of natural ingredients and thus not harmful to me or the Planet.

Below is a great recipe that I am happy to say is not my own but was found on the web in more than one location, so I guess it comes well recommended.

Furniture Polish

¼ cup olive oil

4 tablespoons vinegar

2 teaspoons lemon juice

Mix ingredients together and pour into a spray bottle. Shake well before using. If you do not use all of the polish, store the remainder in the fridge so the lemon juice doesn’t go sour.

Personally, I must say that in most instances, when it domes to “polishing” wooden furniture around my place I use cooking oil and a cloth simply. This oil is gathered from those dregs that you can never, generally, get out of the bottle without upending it. It is that that I do and drain it into another container. I then use it as a wood preserver and nourishing agent as well as, on occasions, as moisturizer for my hands and hair.

© 2011