Breakfast Cereals Grows Up

Dorset Cereals – Product Review

Breakfast cereals have definitely come along way and they have now grown up and the more adult ones have also come out of the niche that was reserved for Muesli alone, it seemed. There was little choice. It was either corn flakes, shredded wheat stuff, and other children's breakfast cereals or you had to go for rather bland and ordinary muesli. Finally we, the older ones, and we will have to guard those packets without lives, have our own proper breakfast cereals in the form of Dorset Cereals.

Oh, and did I mention they do a couple of great chewy bars as well? I didn't? Well, I have now. Those are called “chunky slices”. Three varieties that I had the pleasure, and a pleasure it sure was, of trying and they are all equally great, though my absolute favorite must be the “Cranberry & Almond” one. That is not to say that I did not equally enjoy the others as well; I am just a sucker for cranberry. The “Date & Pecan” is also worth mentioning and I may have had a little of a toss up between which of them are my favorites. As said, the all three are equally great, but I am just a sucker, and I said that already, for cranberry.

There are, 8 different muesli varieties in the Dorset Cereals range and I had the pleasure to try seven of them. As I have said already, cranberry will get my vote every but the berry ones definitely are great, no two ways about it.

In addition to that there are now a new range of porridges, so I understand, which I have not been able to try as yet.

There is just one problem with them all, I have noticed; they are way too moreish. One of them packs is never enough.

© Michael Smith (Veshengro), March 2008